One great thing about our all new Roasted Peanut Vegan Protein is its versatility. Sure, you can have it as a shake or in a smoothie… but sometimes, you just want to CHEW on your food, right? Cue high energy Protein Balls.
Easy and quick to make, these protein balls are gluten free, dairy-free, sugar-free and – you’ve guessed it – totally scrumptious. Make a large batch of these at the weekend and use them as your on-the-go healthy protein snack for the week. Before or after your workout, or just as a healthy pick-me-up. Self-controlled types (unlike us), you can even freeze a bunch and take them out as you need.
Below you’ll find two recipe variations of protein balls, originally shared by That Fitster. With or without cacao, the choice is yours. Here’s how it goes.
Organic Roasted Peanut Vegan Protein Balls Recipe
- 1 mug almonds
- 2 mugs pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
For the remaining ingredients, you have two options:
Variation 1: Raw Cacao & Peanut Protein Balls
- 1 scoop Motion Nutrition Roasted Peanut Vegan Protein (use scoop measure that comes with the bag)
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
Variation 2: Super Nutty Energy Balls
- 1.5 scoop Motion Nutrition Roasted Peanut Vegan Protein (use scoop measure that comes with the bag)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- Grind the almonds in a blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, making sure there are still some crunchy bits for that extra texture. The mixture should be sticky enough to easily roll into little balls but not so much so that your hands are instantly covered in date puree. Pro tip: if it’s too dry add a couple teaspoons of water until it reaches a good consistency.
- Roll into small balls.
- Cover the balls in chia seeds, hemp seeds, poppy seeds or a mix of all these for fun!
Pop them in the freezer to set. Store them in the fridge for a week – or leave them in the freezer if you can make them last longer (you probably won’t).