Do you know what makes the difference between a homemade smoothie, and one you pay £7 for in a fancy cafe? Quite often, it comes down to a couple little twists.
One is flavour balancing – this is pretty obvious.
Two is texture. We don’t tend to consider the texture of our smoothies so much. But think about it for a second. Why are oreo milkshakes so satisfying? Why do McDonalds insist on adding a layer of caramel on their Sundays? Why does our most successful Breakfast Smoothie Recipe contain chewy, dried cranberries? The answer is texture.
That’s why we like this recipe so much – it nails the flavour and the texture. Go on, give it a go.
Peanut Protein Mocha Frappe with Magic Peanut Sauce
For The Smoothie
- Half scoop of Roasted Peanut Vegan Protein
- 125ml oat milk
- 100ml cold coffee
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 1-2 dates (omit if your oat milk is sweetened)
- 10 ice cubes
For The Magic Peanut Sauce (the texture)
- 1 1/2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- Put all of the Smoothie ingredients into your blender. Blend until smooth, and pour into your favourite glass.
- Mix the peanut butter and coconut oil until smooth then drizzle over the smoothie. It’s magic because when it hits your cold smoothie it will solidify into a coulis of chewy bliss. Texture.